About Me

My photo
Dhaka, Bangladesh
I am B.S.C Engineer,CSE,SUST and Ex-Cadet of Mirzapur Cadet College.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

iPhone Devepolment Perlimenaries

I was in dark, when I decided that I will start IPhone application development. I was Novice. So, It was pretty difficult to set up an environment for development. I faced the following question at that time and I found those pieces by UTFS(Using the fucking search engin). I think you eill find these question and answers pretty useful

My first question was "Do I need a MAC book to start development?"

Answer: No, You can install a MAC OS in intel PC, if the processor have sse2 and sse3 support.

"How do I confirm, if there is any SSE2/SSE3 in my processor?"

Ans: You can check list of processors that support SSE2/SSE3 in following links. Also, there is some freeware software that will show your processor information. You can also determine it from there.
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE3

"Can I make a dual boot system at my PC, so that I can run both Windows and MAC OS X ?"

Ans: Therotically, You can. But I failed. But, at least you have to spare one HDD for MAC, It will make your life easier.

"Which version of MAC OS X I should Install?"

Ans: Iphone SDK needs MAC Lepord OSX 10.5.5. What you can do, install lower version and install SDK and your MAC OS will automatically install components that the SDK needs. Other wise it will be a huge download for you 4 GB almost.

"Where can I get MAC OSX DVD?"

Ans: You can buy from local market. There is a possibility to not getting it from market.You can download it torrent sites (you might want to consider typing in "Kalyway 10.5.5" and use the torrent program of your choice to download it.) and burn it into a DVD.

"What are the accessories and things need to have before I start?"

Ans:

  • High Speed Internet Connection (Useful if you want the disk image before the end of time)
  • Blank DVD-R
  • Nero, or some other program that allows the burning of disk images to blank media
  • A BitTorrent program such as BitComet or Transmission
  • A computer with the following attributes:
    • Processor with either SSE2, SSE3, or SSE2/3 capabilities.
    • at least 512 MB RAM
    • at least 9 GB of free disk space
    • A DVD drive for installation
"What is the procedure of installation?"

Ans: follow the instruction step by step from the following links.

http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2008/03/osx-leopard-1051-on-pc.html

and http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_Guides

"Where can I get IPhone SDK?"

Ans: GO to developer.apple.com and you will get the SDK there. download it.

"Do I need an apple ID?"

Ans: Yes. If you want to get development resources from apple site you need to create an apple ID.

"What is the compiler name?"

Ans: XCode

"Is there any GUI desigener ?"

Ans: Yes. Its name is Interface builder, and independent component from XCode.

"What is the language?"

Ans: Objective C.

"What is the best helping site I found? "

Ans: Awsome site for beginners. http://icodeblog.com/

Surely, It will lead you to developing some sample applications pretty easily.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vai, Kalyway 10.5.5 is one of the hacked/patched version of MACOSX. There are also some other versions ideneb1.4(10.5.6), iPC 10.5.5.

Is it possible to install the original version of MACOSX(x86 version, for intel based macbook, macbox)?

Unknown said...

Yes, Atokios 10.5.4 (x86)is designed for Intel PC